Tuesday 16 June 2015

Traditional Wedding Items Part 2

Last Saturday, Mum brought J and I to buy the 喜饼 Xi Bing (gifts for relatives usually in the form of cakes/pastries) for our Guo Da Li on 27 June, Saturday. Guo Da Li usually takes place 3 weeks to 1 month before the actual wedding date. 

Since my family is Teochew, we decided to get the traditional Teochew pastries from:


Thye Lee Confectionery
108 Hougang Avenue 1
Singapore 530108
Opens at 8.30 am


Ordered 10 boxes of the set below and 2 pkts of peanut candy strips. Total bill came up to S$240. If you decide to buy from the same shop, do note that they only accept cash. 

They also sell the following traditional items :)
And for relatives who do not enjoy Teochew pastries that much, my mum ordered the cakes from:
LE Cafe Confectionery & Pastry
They have 3 outlets but we ordered from
264 Middle Road
Singapore 188990
Opens at 10.30am

Minimum of 6 boxes, each box cost S$12, which we ordered 10 boxes.

Went in to Johor after ordering the 喜饼, for my make up trial. And I helped my mum purchased the medium sized sewing kit and the pin cushion as part of my dowry. And J bought 2 sets of the dragon & phoenix candles with the holder (龙凤烛) as part of the betrothal gifts. Each set costs RM$18 (S$6.50) and it apparently can lasts for 2 days  of burning. 

Bought it at Big Day Wedding & Gifts, same shop as I bought the tea and bowl set. Sadly, I did not check properly and had a few ugly parts :( But it's still slightly cheaper than in Singapore, the 2 items below costs about S$11.00. Should have bought the bigger sewing kit so that the scissors can fit in too, difference in price only about S$2.50 -.-
PetiteFreckles ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment