Thursday 12 March 2015

Si Dian Jin

As mentioned previously, my parents requested for Si Dian Jin (四点金) from J's parents. So J brought me to a few goldsmith shops around Chinatown to source for something that I would like. We both felt 999 will be better than 916 in terms of value so we budgeted $3K for a whole set. 
 
Here are the goldsmith shops that we have visited at Chinatown before finding the right one:
  • On Cheong Jewellery
  • Chung Hwa Jade & Jewellery
  • Poh Seng Jewellers
  • Bao Jewellery & Service
  • Poh Heng Jewellery
  • Kim Heng Jewellers & Goldsmiths

Most of the shops we went to only have 1 or 2 items that I like so we decided to skip them as buying all the 4 pieces of gold from the same shop will allow better discount and a proper jewellery box. So finally after walking around for awhile, I chanced upon Chip Lee Goldsmith Jewellery (Address: 1 Park Road, #01-34 People’s Park Complex).
 
Found something that I liked but wasn't very decisive at that point of time so we didn't get it immediately. We went back after a month to purchase it and that's when the gold prices increased!!! Heart pain and full of regrets and felt super bad because J had to spend more money! But still decided to get it, just in case the prices increase again!
 
I don't remember the exact price but it was about S$3,200 (I think).
P.S. Their golds are certified by Singapore Assay Office.
 
PetiteFreckles ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment