Sunday 25 May 2014

An Engagement I didn't expect

Yes, Yes, Yes! I said Yes! *happy*
It's been 1 month since our engagement. It was supposed to be our 5th year anniversary celebration but J surprised me with an engagement instead :)

Here's our story: 
We were supposed to meet for lunch at Dhoby but when I was on my way there, he texted me saying that his brother-in-law booked a room at Rendezvous Hotel for his staycation and if I were to reach Dhoby first, to take the room keys from Rendezvous Hotel's concierge to collect something from the hotel room. And yes obviously, he made it seem like I was the first the reach. The manager brought me up to the executive level and told me to head to the room on my own.

The whole time I was like thinking, why can't his BIL leave the things at the concierge instead and why J was so late haha. So upon reaching, I knocked, opened the room door and took a peek in case someone was inside and was super puzzled when I saw J standing in the middle of the room, smartly dressed, holding a bunch of heart-shaped helium balloons. He hurried me to the couch and asked me to sit down, while I was like asking questions like why are you here? Where's your brother in law? Did you borrow the room for awhile? Blah blah blah.. And insisted that I give him my anniversary gift first haha. He was like no.. no.. noo please sit down. and next minute he said he wanted to sing a song for me hahaha.

His proposal was in the form of a song which he created his own lyrics and printed it on a flip chart, which he sang to the tune of Stay the same by Joey McIntyre (the first song that he sang to me as friends).

By the way, from beginning till the end, I didn't even once suspect that he was going to propose because I thought it would be too cheesy for him to propose on our anniversary haha. So when he flip the chart to the last page and sang "Will you marry me, baby?.. What do you say?". I was...

STUNNED! My mind went blank for a few seconds and I started to cry like as though something sad just happened! And I only managed to nod my head in reply haha. At the end of the proposal, he said that the whole thing was being filmed throughout by 3 cameras which he made into a video to be showed during our big day. Gosh so embarrassing and totally unglam!! I should have maintain my composure hahaha. Weirdly being quite an observant person, I actually did not noticed that he placed one of the camera so near me.

I felt so touched when he told me that the day before the proposal, he went to my house and asked my parents for my hand in marriage and packed some clothes and toiletries for our 1 night staycation :)

J, thank you for the lovely proposal and all your love for me! Love you!
Made with marbles
 
J specially purchased the leather ring box that comes with a small bulb from the jeweler as the box they provided was kinda out-dated haha. 

Scented candles from Daiso
Upon knowing that it was going to be a proposal, the hotel upgraded us to the executive room and decorated the rooms with the colourful balloons and the rose petals!! Love!

  

  
After taking some photos and giving him my gift, we went for lunch at the executive lounge, ordered a submarine sandwich and a BLT sandwich *hungry*
  

J wanted to bring me to Dozo at River Valley but sadly they were closed for relocation. So we decided to check out Concetto by Saveur which serves Italian cuisine. 

Concetto by Saveur
Address: The Cathay 2 Handy Road #01-11 Singapore 229233
Open daily 12.00pm to 9.30pm

We ordered 2 Appetizers: Grilled octopus served with fennel salad and anchovy dressing (S$10.90) and pan-seared tuna served with baby romaine and honey mustard sauce (S$8.90).

2 Mains: Crab risotto with crab meat and crispy rice crackers (S$12.90) and the main of the day - pan-fry sea bass served with ratatouille (S$12.90).

2 Drinks: Apple juice and lemonade.

Total bill came up to about $65 (I think they charge for service but not GST). We wanted to try their desserts but we were too full. Even though the dishes were slightly salty, I love every dish that we ordered, it has a full array of flavors and texture to each bite. I would highly recommend all to try :) That's how we ended our night.

 
  
The next day, before we checked out, we went to the lounge again to have some light bites, a mini portion of spaghetti bolognese and an egg prata. Tasted pretty good :)
And for dinner, we headed to 112 Katong to try the Korean BBQ restaurant called Nolboo Hangari Galbi. It was really crowded but gosh it has to be the worst Korean BBQ I have ever tried! It was so disappointing. The service was below average and the food quality and taste was like 3/10. And it was pretty expensive given the quality - $35 per pax.

And guess what... last week when I went to 112 for a movie, I  realized that they have closed down for whatsoever reason. mmm..
 
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my post. Currently, we are in the midst of our wedding preparation- sourcing for wedding venues and geomancer, so I will update our progress and matters regarding wedding preparation on my blog, hopefully it will be of use to you :) 
 
Tata for now. 

 
PetiteFreckles ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment