Sunday 22 February 2015

Celebrated My 28th Birthday @ Sufood

This year, I celebrated my birthday the vegetarian way :D
In the past year, my dad have been enthusiastically searching for vegetarian food to try. 
So I'm not surprise when Dad made reservation at Sufood, which serves Italian inspired-vegetarian set meals.
Address:
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City
#02-19
Singapore 179103

Initially I thought it was going to be only the 4 of us but apparently my parents did invite J along and they wanted to surprise me haha my silly parents. So he came after his work and boy was I super happy! :D
 
Since mum and sis aren't big eaters, we decided to order 4 sets to share. Each set costs S$25++ per person for a 8-course meal! Super affordable right!
 
 Course 1 & 2: Sufood Appetizer and Vinegar Drink
The appetizer consists of japanese yuca root drizzled with blueberry sauce, some green onion thingy (not that sure) and a cherry tomato encased in jelly. 
 
Have a drink of the vinegar drink before starting on the next course- palate cleanser.
 
Course 3:  Starter
Rosemary breadsticks which comes with a choice of blueberry dip or mustard dip. The bread was very aromatic and I love the mustard dip :)
 
Course 4: Salads
We selected the following to try:
* Tropical Fruit Salad which came with strawberry yogurt sauce
* Summer Salad (veggie sticks with fruits) served with thousand island sauce and sesame dressing
* Mushroom Salad with vinegar dressing
* Classic Garden Salad with sesame dressing
 
 
Course 5: Soups
Clockwise direction:
* Cream of Pumpkin
* Mushroom and Pea Pottage
* Root Soup
* Cabbage and Sweet Potato Soup
 
All the soups were very flavourful, really tasted as though it was cooked with chicken or pork, very amazedddd with their culinary skills!
 
Course 6: Mains
* Macaroni Alfredo Casserole:
Baked macaroni with broccoli, tomatoes and mushrooms with alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese! A comfort food suitable for rainy seasons!
* Wild Mushroom Charcoal Tagliatelle:
My favourite mains of all! The king oyster mushroom tasted so good, resembling the texture of squid. Together with the chewy fragrant charcoal tagliatelle, O-M-G. That's what I call a matchmake in heaven ♥♥♥
* Homemade Vegetable Calazone:
Mushrooms, artichoke and broccoli cooked in pesto sauced encased in a thin crispy layer of pizza dough. Yums!!
* Star Pizza:
Toppings include oyster mushrooms (the texture was very similar to that of chicken!), cream cheese and seaweeds. Drizzled with mustard sauce.
We were super bloated by the end of the main couse hahaha.
 
Course 7 & 8: Desserts and Drinks
For Dessert we chose:
* Osmathus flower jelly
* Sesame panna cotta
* Vanilla ice cream with hot chocolate
* Banana cheesecake
 
And drinks we chose:
* The ashitaba
* Passion fruit calamansi tea
* Hot mint herbal tea
* Very berry
When I thought dinner was over, the restaurant staff surprised me with a complimentary banana cheesecake and a cute and funny birthday song! And..... J also surprised me with a cheesecake from Cedele in one of my favourite flavour- salted caramel! Super yums!

My tummy was so huge after dinner hahaha. Despite the cold rainy day, I felt super warm and fuzzy inside because I know I have such loving family and a future-husband. XOXO!
Photos credit: Sis

Review
  • Food was truly awesome, you wouldn't even know that it's vegetarian. Will definitely be back for more. Have introduced a few friends to try :D
  • Value-for money
  • Generous food portion
  • Prompt service
  • Cheerful ambience
PetiteFreckles ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment